In a totally disrespectful move to the Celtics and their fans, the NBA put out an OKC shirt that says “Beat the Heat” with a Finals logo at the bottom, a day before Game 7. This is not only disrespectful to the Celtics, it is completely unprofessional for the NBA to seemingly make this assumption that the Heat will win Game 7 and face the Thunder in the Finals a day before the game. Its not like this League needs any more conspiracy theories after the horrible refereeing in Games 1 and 2 in the Celtics-Heat series, and in Game 6 of the OKC-Spurs series.
It’s also funny that the league tried to hide this shirt under a “Beat LA” category. Someone at the League office must have known that this was highly inappropriate, as the shirt was quickly taken down. Unfortunately for them some clever fans made copies of the shirts to document this PR fiasco.
This shirt needs to be shown to every Celtics player in the locker-room before Game 7 as it will definitely make KG want to rip someone’s head off.
- Celtics Show Heart – Lose to Knicks in Game 6 88-80
- Shipping up to Boston! Celts force a Game 6 after a masterful dismantling of the Knicks – Final score 92-86
- Celtics show Heart – Beat Knicks in must win Game 4 by a score of 90-97
- Gotham takes game 1 as the Knicks outlast Celtics 78-85
- Return of the Ticket – KG helps lift Celtics over Wizards 96-107
- Design work done by Canyon Boulevard Designs LLC.
TagsAinge Atlanta Hawks Avery Bradley Boston Celtics Brandon Bass Bucks Celtics Celtics-Heat playoffs Celtics Hawks playoffs Chicago Bulls Courtney Lee Danny Ainge defense Doc Doc Rivers free agency Game 2 Game 6 Greg Stiemsma injury Jared Sullinger Jason Terry Jeff Green Jermaine Oneal Kevin Garnett KG loss Miami Heat Mickael Pietrus NBA Nets Paul Pierce Pierce playoffs Rajon Rondo Ray Allen refs Rondo shooting Sixers-Celtics playoffs Stiemsma trade trade deadline triple-double win